Monday, September 17, 2018


Correction instead of comfort.
100% human indeed.

The closer you are, the more you think you need to speak your mind. I get it, I do it too.. but sometimes comfort/presence is enough because obviously I'm not perfect. AND, guess what? I know it. I mostly rant and forget about it. People rant to get it out of their systems, not to hear how to better themselves. (No longer angry at such things because "you shld expect to get these kind of replies if you want to complain." Sounds sort of similar to "you deserved the catcall/or worse because you wore so scantily" 🤔)

Recently I read this book on how to handle grief in a society that doesn't understand how. Ppl tell you all sorts of things but they sometimes fail to consider that the best way of comfort is just their presence. Because by saying anything at all is disapproving your grief, telling you to "get OVER it". (Like as if time really heals all hurt.) Ofc it comes from a good place, but it doesn't feel good to be on the receiving end.

A few days ago my colleague told me I need to learn design from the basics. I get what he meant; I was not angry, or sad, or anything. I know that I need to do better. But when your friends are telling you things like "maybe you were at fault", "maybe you should not be a designer", "maybe you should give up, try some other jobs", it makes me angry and sad and disappointed. Why can't we as humans be more understanding instead of TELLING others to be understanding? Meh, I shouldn't complain. Girl, reflect, don't react.








ESTHER T.
SG; Gemini; INFJ (1, 2)

Self taught in Photoshop, Illustrator and coding (html and css), I love the process of learning new things and gaining new knowledge. Alongside these knowledge, I also have a wide range of interests- namely photography, writing, lettering, fashion, art, and cooking etc.
____________________

// You can:
Email me at esther.tch@hotmail.com to chat,
Find me on these links   //